Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros and Cons


It's official--I am more than halfway through my first pregnancy. I am 21 weeks along now and getting bigger by the day. . . . and, according to some, more whiny ;-)

I love being pregnant--there's a beautiful little life growing inside me, and I get to have a connection with this life that no one else will ever have. I do not, however, love the fact that you still can't really tell if I'm pregnant or just getting generally fat. I have had a few of my new patients look at me like, "hmmm, kinda chunky, ay?" I also still feel like people look at me like I'm a chunky hog when I am eating in public instead of realizing that I require a little more energy than usual.

I also don't like reflux or my chubby cheeks. I don't like how my clothes are fitting . . . the maternity clothes are, for the most part, too big, but I definitely can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I do like that sweats fit me perfectly and remind me of my college weekends with the best roomie ever.

I do like that my nails are growing faster and stronger than every before. I like that my hair is growing as fast as it did before I ever had radiation. My husband likes that other . . . "parts" . . . are growing at an insane rate.

But, all in all, I take the good and the bad. As of January 2007, I didn't know if I'd even be able to have children. As of February (or, ideally January 23 at precisely 2224), I will have the most beautiful little gift in my arms, and I will have forgotten all of the nonsense that weighs on my mind now.

No comments: