Friday, October 14, 2011

Last Time

Today I spent a lot of time thinking at work. Obviously I'm a CRNP and I think constantly because it's part of the job, but I mean I was thinking about different things in between patients.

First of all, I was thinking about the things I had to get done this weekend . . . return a shirt, breakfast date with Huck, viewing a few potential rental properties, laundry, dusting, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, baking cookies, watching the PSU homecoming football game, taming the mutt, deciding which church to check out this Sunday, visiting with the parents in Lancaster for my birthday, etc. etc. These are all good things and I oddly look forward to them.

I will be 27 years old on Sunday. I'm not old, and this is not a whoa-is-me kind of a birthday, but a different one. This will be the last birthday I have before I become a mother. At this time next year, I will have 9-month old babe to care for. This is the best thing ever, but it also made me think of how all the aforementioned things on my "to-do" list are going to be a lot more challenging.

I will no longer be able to run and do whatever on my own time. Instead, my new to-do list will be as follows:
1) feed Peanut (and throw in a load of laundry)
2) burp Peanut (and wash dishes)
3) change Peanut (then make supper)
4) console Peanut (and tackle the mutt)
5) teach Peanut (and try to spend time with Huck)

That's going to be the best to-do list. Ever.

No comments: