Monday, June 18, 2012

My favorite things

(I started this post a few weeks ago, so I thought it was about time I finished it!!  Some things regarding timing are no longer, true, but it's the essence of it all that counts).

As I was preparing supper this evening while the baby napped and Daddy was attacking the mutt, I realized that I haven't blogged very consistently or often.  I'm not so naive to think that anyone has noticed this or cared, really, but I also know that this helps me think and appreciate my family more.  Hence, I blog.

Yesterday and today have been great days for us.  I have been able to spend the past 48 hours with my two loves, and my two loves, only.  I feel like this doesn't happen nearly enough: there is always somewhere to go, someone to visit, something to do.  The past two days, however, have been filled with glorious nothing-ness.

Adam and I have been so thrilled and blessed with our latest addition.  Every day certainly has its challenges, but we'd do it again in a heartbeat, and Lord willing, plan to!  Since the first several months of waking every 1-2 hours are behind us, we have really begun to enjoy things more.  (Things really are nicer when you can sleep . . .)

First, the little dude is teething and drooling like crazy.  Bibs and onesies are getting soaked within minutes of putting them on.  Since it's been so warm out lately, it's nice to let him just play around in his diaper.  Baby in diaper = favorite thing #1.


He is also talking and babbling ALL the time.  It's so cute to see how responsive he is getting to things and how he "answers" our questions and comments.  Adam and I will often sit and talk to him while he plays for 10-45 minutes at a time.  When he babbles, it's like the world stops for us.  Baby talking = favorite thing #2.


Next, the little dude is also smiling.  All. The. Time.  It's relatively difficult to get the smile on film, just because he alternates his smiling with babbling.  Baby smiles = favorite thing #3.


Tubby time has, and likely will continue to be, an end of the day family-fun activity.  The munchkin has learned to splash and kick more than I ever imagined.  He is joking with us back and forth, too: he kicks/splashes, waits for us to laugh and cheer him on, then continues.  Baby splashing in a tub = favorite thing #4.




No comments: