Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Mother's Day

It's May 13, 2012.

My very first Mother's Day as, well, a Mommy.

I'm finding that several of my friends and family members seem to have the most glorious and fantastic Mother's Day plans: they go out to brunches, get fancy jewelry, go on trips, get spa days etc.  Here's what we did today:

(Preface: we were in Canonsburg working on cleaning our house and moving our final pieces out before our closing from late Friday night through this morning)
0130: little dude woke up to eat
0600: Adam and I woke up after sleeping on a very uncomfortable air mattress for the second night in a row.   We put dirty clothes back on because we didn't bring enough clean clothes for the additional night--we were going to leave Saturday night, but someone wasn't having that.
0615: little dude work up, for good.  We were SO thankful he slept for two 5-hour sessions last night after literally screaming bloody murder forever the evening before.
0705: on the road back to Harrisburg
0910: rest stop break.  Someone needed to eat and was getting restless.  I took him out of his car seat and carried him into the rest stop.  I entered the door to the "family" restroom with him and promptly strapped him down to the changing wall unit.  He giggled, I smiled.  A stranger told me Happy Mother's Day.  I smiled again.
0930: back on the road again.
1100: arrive at our home in Harrisburg.
1100-1400: unpack, organize, clean, change two blow-out diapers, work on laundry, nurse, get fridge out of the U-haul, return the U-haul.
1430: Adam was trying to find somewhere that was open to find a Pandora charm for Mother's day to add to my bracelet.  No where was open.
1435: Giant trip to get milk, yogurt and a movie from Redbox.  They didn't have Thor or the Hulk, so Adam got the Vow for me.  (A chick flick, yes, but I've been wanting to see it since I saw it advertised.)
1500-1630: back to laundry, cleaning and baby changing/feeding.  Tried tummy time for a bit without luck, so we put the little one on his mat to kick around for almost an hour. 
1630-1700: Supposed to be watching the Big Bang Theory while little dude was sleeping.  I also fell asleep.
1705: little dude wakes up, screaming.  It's not time for him to eat, but he nurses for a few minutes, anyway.  He calms down and sleeps on Daddy for a little while longer.
1710-present: more laundry, lunch-packing, dishes, bottle-prepping, etc. 

Does any of this seem glamorous?  No, but it's my life and I wouldn't change it for the world.  I got to spend the whole day with my husband and the little dude who made me such a proud Mama 4 months ago.

Mommy with the chunk-a-munk cutie!

Tubby time love!
 

No comments: