Friday, March 9, 2012

Sweet Tub

Because he does not seem to enjoy sleeping at night or in his crib, in general, we've been trying to keep a routine so our Peanut will learn to sleep at night. Our routine starts with "tubby-time" just before he is due for another nursing session. Nathan absolutely loves the tub and is learning to splash in the water.

As much as he loves his tubby time, Nathan does NOT like getting out of the tub. After his tubby-time today, he was hysterical, as per usual. Naturally, I picked him up in his towel and carried him into his room to re-diaper and dress him.

What I love and can't get enough of is the following: he is so small and so scared when he gets out of the tub, but as soon as Mommy wraps her arms around him, he clings tightly and calms down. As frustrating as it can be that he cries seemingly uncontrollably, I can't get enough of his tight grip on my shirt. It's as if all he wants is to be in my arms, where he knows he is safe.

I will not miss waking every 1-2 hours every night. I won't miss getting peed on or thrown up on. I won't miss doing laundry 2-3 times a day.

I will, however, absolutely miss my clingy 2-month-old baby when he realizes that getting out of the tub isn't so scary and that he doesn't need Mommy to hold him so tight anymore.





No comments: